The Central Kentucky Chapter of the Association for Government Accountants (AGA) serves the Commonwealth’s government accountability professionals by providing quality education, promoting professional development, and promoting professional certification.
- To provide members access to the latest events and information affecting the accounting and auditing industry.
- To support professionals through development and certification opportunities.
- To continue to provide quality education.
- To increase membership.
- To organize at least one training session each year.
- To communicate events and opportunities to all members in a timely manner through the newsletter, website, and distribution list.
- To provide drawings and raffles at membership meetings for a free lunch, $15 gift card, and cash prize for a member (must attend meeting to win).
Why should you join AGA?
- Networking opportunities (a chance to meet other government accountability professionals)
- Lunch meetings with a speaker (timely and relevant topics)
- Opportunities to help others (community service)
- Certification opportunity and professional development (CGFM)
- Professional Development (CPE credit available)
If you would like to be included on the distribution list to receive meeting notices, training notices, newsletters, community service events, etc., please contact any of the officers.
We award a scholarship every spring to a college student majoring in accounting. See one of the officers for more information on applications and deadlines if you someone who is interested.
If you have ideas for speakers, events, education, etc, please contact one of the chapter officers. We support the ideas and involvement of our chapter members.